The Legal Counsel will provide all-round legal support, predominantly in the areas of commercial law, corporate law and compliance related matters, to support Mammoet’s business in the Europe/Russia/North-West Africa region (EU/R).
- negotiating and drafting international commercial contracts (e.g. sales, procurement, cooperation and agency agreements with counterparties in different jurisdictions, including intercompany transactions);
- handling claims and (threatening) litigation, bearing in mind business needs, financial consequences and the reputation of Mammoet;
- handling corporate matters (including transactional related work);
- handling compliance related matters, including screening and third party due diligence;
- instruct/manage external counsel in different jurisdictions;
- actively participating in multi-disciplinary projects;
- monitoring and ensuring implementation of any legislative developments relevant to Mammoet’s business;
- ensuring continuous alignment with the Mammoet (legal) policies.
As Legal Counsel you will be part of the EU/R legal team that currently consists of two legal counsels based in Russia and two legal counsels based in Schiedam. The team is supported by law students and/or interns from time to time.
Required education & experience:
- you are a European qualified lawyer (Master degree) with at least 6-8 years relevant working experience gained as in-house legal counsel and/or in private practice in an international setting;
- experience as an in-house legal counsel in an international construction or energy company or related industries would be a strong asset;
- you have proven experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating (international) commercial contracts on the one hand and corporate matters (including transactional related work) on the other hand;
- you have a strong business acumen, a robust yet flexible personality, good communication skills (oral and written) and are able to operate in a multi-cultural and multi-jurisdictional environment;
- you can provide pragmatic and effective legal support;
- you are hands-on and have gained project management skills;
- you are well organized, proactive and have eye for detail;
- you have a proven track-record in working in a fast-paced environment on various projects simultaneously;
- you are proficient in both Dutch and English.
Client offers a fulltime job in an internationally orientated company in Schiedam. An interesting, independent position with a good perspective. As well as a salary conforming to the market norm, they also offer excellent secondary terms and conditions (bonus).
This position is located in Mamoet EU/R’s head office Schiedam, with the option to work flexibly and from home. The Legal Counsel will report to the Manager Legal EU/R in Schiedam.
T&P Legal supports Mammoet Europe in the recruitment and selection of the Legal Counsel. If you are interested, we would like to receive your CV and a motivation letter: email@example.com
You can of course also call Willem Gentenaar if you want more information: 06 12 97 68 93.
Strict confidentiality of your response is of course guaranteed.