The Senior Legal Counsel will be responsible for providing prompt and robust legal support and advice to the business to support the achievement of commercial and corporate objectives, while minimizing legal risks. This includes drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, advising the business on tender processes and participating in contractual negotiations with a range of international customers, suppliers, and partners in different sectors.
You will assist the worldwide projects before contract award, during contract execution and as from contract completion, including ensuring compliance with applicable laws and internal policies, existing regulatory frameworks and directing outside legal counsel. You can look forward to a varied role with visibility to management and to the enterprise office and with direct involvement in the business as the “go to” lawyer and advisor for all legal matters.
To thrive in this role, you need to personify a rich combination of experience, knowledge, skills, and personal attributes.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Managing and addressing all of the legal needs of the Bollegraaf Group. This includes:
- Working with business team members to negotiate and draft contracts of significant importance to the company, such as sales, distributor, partner store end license agreements;
- Ensure that legal considerations, including mitigation of legal risks identified, are taken into account in operations, planning activities, contracting, new business/project development, including relations with relevant third parties;
- Act as lead lawyer for substantial and complex Acquisition & Divestment and New Business Development projects;
- Monitor relevant legal developments and communicate these to the business and functional Directorates;
- Provide strategic advice to the business, including in relation to commercial and political matters, and act as a sounding board for key decisions and policy matters;
- Work with commercial colleagues to develop the legal and commercial structure of the existing business activities and any new business opportunities that arise;
- Negotiating and drafting all sorts of commercial contracts (tender contracts, engineering contracts, joint venture contracts, and share purchase agreements, etc.) and being responsible for the management of the legal side of those contracts;
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders across multiple business and organizational lines
- Maximize benefits and minimize risks that could represent any kind of loss to shareholders, while delivering the business objectives;
- Propose strategies and provide legal support that enable safe, efficient and agile decisions in order to secure competitive advantages;
- Commitment to the importance of integrity and compliance
In short: a balanced personality with a law degree and 7-10 years’ experience at a reputable company and/or law firm. The ability to understand business objectives, identify important issues, and manage negotiations to achieve the business goals: no ‘showstopper’.
- Ability to analyze new laws and regulations for potential impacts on business goals and objectives;
- The experience and attitude to work under tight deadlines and use independent judgment to conclude agreements within the company’s risk profile;
- Proven experience managing multiple projects and conflicting demands;
- Independent thinker and a strong sense of ownerhip;
- Strong intrinsic motivation to develop oneself and to learn Bollegraaf’s businesses;
- You have experience in aforementioned areas, preferably as a lawyer or in-house counsel in an international environment.
- Fluent in English, fluency in an additional language (e.g. German, French) is preferred.
A challenging international role with direct involvement with the firm as the “go to” lawyer and advisor for legal matters.
An excellent package of employment conditions, including a gross annual salary of approximately 100- 120K, a pension scheme, an interesting bonus scheme and plenty of room for further professional development.
About Bollegraaf Group
The Bollegraaf Group is a world-leading expert in waste sorting and recycling. With more than 60 years of waste sorting experience, we have installed over 3500 recycling systems across Europe, America, Canada and Mexico and have built the largest MRFs (up to 70+ tons per hour) in the world. Bollegraaf’s world-class solutions for sorting and recycling household, commercial, construction & demolition and plastic waste, along with our innovative energy-from-waste technology, offers customers a larger recycling capacity, reduced labour and operational costs, a high-quality end product, and ultimately increased profits. The total service offered by Bollegraaf includes design, installation, training and unrivalled lifetime service and support.
The company is renowned for its innovative and reliable solutions and for the high quality of its products. Bollegraaf has proven itself as market leader in the industry. It invests in research into Robotica, and the development of advanced innovative technologies, which are essential to recycling and the circular economy. The primary objective for Bollegraaf is to provide first-class turnkey recycling solutions with the highest ROI (Return On Investment) for the customer.
The Bollegraaf Recycling Solutions Group was founded in the Netherlands in 1961 and comprises of the following companies: Bollegraaf Recycling Solutions B.V. and Lubo Sorting Systems B.V. The company also has several subsidiaries in Europe and has a stable international sales & aftersales organization. Bollegraaf operates in the USA and Canada with a different brand name, Van Dyk Recycling Solutions (VDRS), this joint venture is the exclusive distributor of Bollegraaf, Lubo and Tomra.
T&P Legal supports the Bollegraaf Group in the recruitment and selection of the Senior Legal Counsel. If you are interested, we would like to receive your CV and motivation letter: email@example.com
You can of course also call Willem if you want more information: 06 – 12 97 68 93
Complete confidentiality of your response is of course guaranteed.