On behave of our client Mammoet Europe we are looking for a (Medior) Legal Counsel with a no-nonsense work approach to strengthen and expand its legal team.
In this Legal Counsel role you will provide all-round legal advice and support the senior Legal Counsel and the Manager Legal, predominantly in the areas of corporate law, commercial law and compliance related matters, in support of Mammoet’s business in the Europe/Russia/North-West Africa region (EU/R).
The work will include:
Corporate / Compliance:
- Corporate Housekeeping: Legal drafting, administration and filing of corporate documentation and contracts;
- Coordinating the liquidation, merger, or establishment of new legal entities in various countries;
- Coordination of quarterly compliance reporting;
- Coordination of approval requests to management;
- Handling of small claims and bad-debt cases;
- Drafting, preparing and managing legal documentation such as: PoA, LoI, NDA;
- Handling of compliance related matters, including screening and third party due diligence;
- General administrative tasks.
Support the senior Legal Counsel and the Manager Legal in:
- negotiation and drafting of international commercial contracts (e.g. sales, procurement, cooperation and agency agreements with counterparties in different jurisdictions, including intercompany transactions);
- handling of claims and (threatening) litigation;
- handling of complex corporate matters (including transactional related work);
- monitoring and ensuring implementation of any legislative developments relevant to Mammoet’s business;
- ensuring continuous alignment with the Mammoet (legal) policies.
Required education & experience
As a Legal Counsel:
- you are an European qualified lawyer (Master degree) with at least 3 years relevant working experience gained as in-house legal counsel and/or in private practice in an international setting;
- experience as an in-house legal counsel in an international construction or energy company or related industries would be a strong asset;
- you have proven experience in drafting of various types of legal documentation and have excellent legal drafting skills;
- you have proven experience in handling of corporate matters and managing external counsel;
- you have a strong business acumen, a robust yet flexible personality, good communication skills (oral and written) and are able to operate in a multi-cultural and multi-jurisdictional environment;
- you can provide pragmatic and effective legal support;
- you are hands-on and proactive;
- you are well organized and have eye for detail;
- you have a proven track-record in working in a fast-paced environment on various projects simultaneously;
- you are proficient in both Dutch and English.
As Legal Counsel you will be part of the EU/R legal team that currently consists of two legal counsels based in Russia and two legal counsels based in Schiedam. The team is supported by law students and/or interns from time to time. This position is located in Mamoet EU/R’s head office Schiedam, with the option to work flexibly and from home (50-50%). The Legal Counsel will report to the Manager Legal EU/R in Schiedam.
Diverse, dynamic and with an international focus. Good package of benefits (a.o. salary is approximately € 70.000,00 – 80.000,00 plus bonus) appealing culture, good opportunities for development.
Interested? Please send us your resume including notes on application (match, motivation) to email@example.com
Advocaat IE / IT met interesse voor Privacy
Een zelfstandige positie voor een gedreven Advocaat IE / IT bij voorkeur met interesse voor Privacy; alle ruimte voor een persoonlijk en inhoudelijk o…
Senior Legal & Compliance Officer
Namens de Ecclesia Holding komen wij graag in gesprek met een zelfstandige (Senior) Legal & Compliance Officer voor een nieuwe, dynamische rol in…