On behalf of Avery Dennison, based in Oegstgeest, we are searching for an In-house lawyer / Legal Counsel that provides and manages a full range of legal services to commercial and operations functions throughout Western and Eastern Europe, Middle East, and portions of Africa. The successful candidate will be able to handle a wide range of legal work, including day-to-day legal matters and legal projects, will have a practical business-oriented approach, and will be highly collaborative and a strong values and ethics leader.
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
- Provide high quality legal services in a wide range of areas including: corporate, commercial contracts, regulatory compliance, labor/employment, real estate, import/export matters, and legal matters associated with business transactions and restructurings;
- Draft agreements including distribution, sales, procurement, lease, agency, and information technology agreements, as well as support for development, license and confidentiality agreements;
- Litigation services include advice and strategy regarding potential and pending litigation, selecting and managing outside counsel and the course of the litigation, and resolving litigation through trial or settlements via outside counsel;
- Managing product-related claims, including assessing legal status, regulatory issues, insurance, and similar topics;
- Have regular interaction with business clients to understand objectives, goals and strategies to gain knowledge for providing business-oriented legal advice;
- Able to plan and carry-out (sensitive) internal investigations;
- Effectively train non-lawyers about compliance with laws and policies;
- Provide training and support to paralegal and administrative staff,
- Qualified lawyer with 3-5 years of experience. Member of the German, Belgian, Dutch or French bar is a plus.
- Law firm and/or in-house experience is preferred (especially with a multi-national firm);
- Post Graduate Degree in law is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and a diverse range of stakeholders
- Independent thinker and strong sense of ownership
- Highest standard of integrity, ethics and loyalty
- Commercial contract and corporate law experience is required; litigation and M&A experience is a significant plus;
- Knowledge of German and/or French language is a plus;
- Pragmatic, independent, pro-active, and collaborative, able to handle multiple matters simultaneously in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment;
- Strong communication skills and international mindset;
- Fluent in English both written and spoken is required;
- Team player, and highly collaborative;
- The position calls for occasional travel mainly throughout EMEA (approximately 10%).
- Workplace Flexibility;
- Commitment to Sustainability;
- Structured learning and development;
- Competitive total rewards: salary up to € 75.000,00 – € 80.000,00 plus 10% bonus.
Please send us your resume including notes on application (match, motivation) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Een leuke opening voor een betrokken Jurist Bestuursrecht die ZLTO en haar leden brede juridisch ondersteuning geeft, inclusief pro actief adviseren e…
Geboden wordt een interessante positie voor een bevlogen advocaat Bouwrecht die beschikt over de nodige proceservaring voor een mooie en florerende pr…