The Legal Counsel will provide all-round legal support, predominantly in the areas of commercial law, corporate law and compliance related matters, to support Mammoet’s business in the Europe/Russia/North-West Africa region (EU/R).
- negotiating and drafting international commercial contracts (e.g. sales, procurement, cooperation and agency agreements with counterparties in different jurisdictions, including intercompany transactions);
- handling claims and (threatening) litigation, bearing in mind business needs, financial consequences and the reputation of Mammoet;
- handling corporate matters (including transactional related work);
- handling compliance related matters, including screening and third party due diligence;
- instruct/manage external counsel in different jurisdictions;
- actively participating in multi-disciplinary projects;
- monitoring and ensuring implementation of any legislative developments relevant to Mammoet’s business;
- ensuring continuous alignment with the Mammoet (legal) policies.
As Legal Counsel you will be part of the EU/R legal team that currently consists of two legal counsels based in Russia and two legal counsels based in Schiedam. The team is supported by law students and/or interns from time to time.
Required education & experience:
- you are a European qualified lawyer (Master degree) with at least 6-8 years relevant working experience gained as in-house legal counsel and/or in private practice in an international setting;
- experience as an in-house legal counsel in an international construction or energy company or related industries would be a strong asset;
- you have proven experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating (international) commercial contracts on the one hand and corporate matters (including transactional related work) on the other hand;
- you have a strong business acumen, a robust yet flexible personality, good communication skills (oral and written) and are able to operate in a multi-cultural and multi-jurisdictional environment;
- you can provide pragmatic and effective legal support;
- you are hands-on and have gained project management skills;
- you are well organized, proactive and have eye for detail;
- you have a proven track-record in working in a fast-paced environment on various projects simultaneously;
- you are proficient in both Dutch and English.
Client offers a fulltime job in an internationally orientated company in Schiedam. An interesting, independent position with a good perspective. As well as a salary conforming to the market norm, they also offer excellent secondary terms and conditions (bonus).
This position is located in Mamoet EU/R’s head office Schiedam, with the option to work flexibly and from home. The Legal Counsel will report to the Manager Legal EU/R in Schiedam.
T&P Legal supports Mammoet Europe in the recruitment and selection of the Legal Counsel. If you are interested, we would like to receive your CV and a motivation letter: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can of course also call Willem Gentenaar if you want more information: 06 12 97 68 93.
Strict confidentiality of your response is of course guaranteed.
Jurist Arbeidsrecht – vloeiend Duits
Namens onze opdrachtgever, de Duits-Nederlandse Handelskamer (DNHK), komen wij graag in gesprek met een bevlogen Jurist Arbeidsrecht ter versterking v…
Junior Legal Counsel EMEA
On behave of our client Interface, an international company based in the Utrecht region, we are looking for an enthusiastic Junior Legal Counsel EMEA…