The Corporate Legal Counsel Europe and MEA will be responsible for supporting the operations and functions of Rheem operations in the Netherlands, the UK, Dubai and the rest of the European and MEA regions.
This includes drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and internal Rheem policies, existing regulatory frameworks and directing outside legal counsel. You can look forward to a varied role with visibility to management and to the enterprise office and with direct involvement in the business as the “go to” lawyer and advisor for European and MEA legal matters.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Managing and addressing all of the legal needs of Rheem in Europe and MEA.
- Supporting the sales team in the negotiation and drafting of contracts;
- Drafting and negotiating various materials, services and equipment agreements;
- Directing patent and trademark matters;
- Negotiating lease agreements, as needed;
- Advising on data privacy and compliance matters;
- Advising management on Works council regulation (WOR);
- Keeping aware of changes in applicable laws and regulations including product regulations and standards and working with Rheem management to respond to such changes;
- Training the Rheem staff regarding compliance with applicable laws and company policies; working with the Global Law Department to adapt company policies; and leading compliance investigations;
- Managing litigation and disputes, attending to regulatory matters (e.g., environmental, health and safety, product standards and certifications), labor law advice to the HR function, assistance with the Rheem insurance programs;
- Preparing the necessary corporate documents, minutes, resolutions for Rheem entities according to local law; and
- Legal support in M&A related activities.
In addition, you have the necessary international contacts:
- Working with Rheem management and the Global Law Department to respond to government inquiries, investigations and actions;
- Working directly with other members of the Global Law Department and outside counsel as appropriate;
- Supporting Global Law Department initiatives and projects;
- Provide other legal assistance as required to Rheem’s sourcing activities and other operations in Europe and MEA
In short: a balanced personality with a law degree and 5-10 years’ experience at a reputable company and/or law firm. The ability to understand business objectives, identify important issues, and manage negotiations to achieve the business goals: no ‘showstopper’.
- Strong intrinsic motivation to develop oneself and to learn Rheem’s businesses;
- Able to negotiate and draft agreements in English and to communicate with the overseas offices in English;
- Commitment to the importance of integrity and compliance;
- An expert grasp of contracting concepts and strong analytical skills;
- Excellent drafting skills and the ability to communicate concisely and effectively both orally and in writing;
- Experience working with business team members to negotiate and draft contracts of significant importance to the company, such as sales, distributor, consulting and procurement agreements.
- Ability to analyze new laws and regulations for potential impacts on business goals and objectives.
- The experience and attitude to work under tight deadlines and use independent judgment to conclude agreements within the company’s risk profile.
- Independent thinker and a strong sense of ownerhip;
- Ability to travel regularly to Rheem regional locations in, among others, UK, Dubai, HQ Atlanta USA (about 8-10 trips per year).
A versatile and challenging international role with direct involvement with the firm as the “go to” lawyer and advisor for European and MEA legal matters.
An excellent package of employment conditions, including a gross annual salary of approximately 100K, a pension scheme, an interesting bonus scheme and plenty of room for further professional development.
Rheem is a global multinational, privately owned and financial very stable. Rheem is the only North American company to provide heating, cooling, water heating and heating for swimming pools and spas, as well as heating and cooling products for commercial applications. In the Netherlands, they operate under the top brand Intergas, known for its high-quality high-efficiency boilers.
Rheem is looking for a Corporate Legal Counsel Europe and MEA that will be located at Intergas’ offices in the Netherlands. Remote work will be available for up to 2 days per week.
I look forward to your CV and motivation letter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have any questions upfront?
If you would like more information, you can contact Willem Gentenaar, Partner T&P Legal on telephone number 06 – 12 97 68 93.
Advocaat-medewerker Corporate / M&A (3-6 jaar ervaring)
Ter versterking van de sectie ondernemingsrecht van Pot Jonker Advocaten in Haarlem zijn wij op zoek naar een Advocaat-medewerker Corporate / M&A….
Senior Legal Counsel
Interessante positie voor een moderne Senior Legal Counsel die pro-actief te werk gaat en graag meedenkt en -beweegt met de business en haar klanten….