About our client
Our client is a worldwide leading apparel and retail company. Currently, for the office of our client in the Netherlands, ‘Randstad’, we are looking for a Product Compliance Director.
- Track chemical, physical, environmental, waste and labeling laws and regulations both for client’s Western and Central Eastern Europe geographies and work with various global functions at client’s World Headquarters (WHQ) to analyze and where possible mitigate impact on operations of client, including its affiliate companies.
- Cooperate with client’s Government and Public Affairs function in advocacy revolving around emerging legislation in the area of product compliance in the broadest sense.
- Advise and respond to inquiries from European and national regulators, consumer organizations and retail customers pertaining to compliance of client products with national and/or regional regulations.
- Coordinate regional corrective actions (e.g. recalls) in cooperation with WHQ.
- Advise on and manage consumer product safety claims.
- Monitor & keep stakeholders apprised of emerging product compliance trends (claims, non-governmental organization initiatives).
- Serve as the Western and Central Eastern Europe training manager for product compliance.
- Monitor Extended Producer Responsibilities including waste reporting obligation, in all countries covered by both client’s Western and Central Eastern Europe geographies. Support related functional teams as needed in tracking obligations and responding to regulatory audits.
- Monitor client’s responsibilities under national and/or European lifecycle assessment programs and support related functional teams as needed.
- Support client WHQ to ensure that technical files and certificates are available for products requiring them (e.g. toys, electronics, Personal Protective Equipment).
- Advise client business on ship/hold decisions involving product compliance issues.
- Bachelor/Master degree in a relevant field, preferably a law degree.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in product compliance area, e.g. as a qualified lawyer in a European jurisdiction or with proven track record in an advisory role relating to product compliance matters covering a variety of countries in Europe in a corporate and/or private practice setting.
- PC based word processing and legal research skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. Applicants with additional written and spoken language skills are encouraged to apply.
Our client offers an exceptional career development potential globally, a total compensation package including a competitive base salary and bonus opportunity, an inspiring work environment and a comprehensive relocation package to foreign hires.
Please send your resume including notes on application to email@example.com
Senior Legal Counsel
On behalf of Avery Dennison, based in Oegstgeest, we are searching for an In-house lawyer / Legal Counsel that provides and manages a full range of le…
Advocaat / Partner Ondernemingsrecht
Unieke kans voor een Advocaat Ondernemingsrecht zich aan te sluiten bij een middelgroot kantoor in A’dam en haar/zijn praktijk gezamenlijk uit te bouw…