Very interesting position for a Junior Corporate Legal Counsel/Paralegal who will work on a variety of corporate law matters and projects (cross-functional and international). Plenty of room for personal and professional development. Excellent terms and conditions.
The junior corporate legal counsel/paralegal shall become part of a small legal team and shall have a key role within this team. He/she will be closely working with the Holding Legal team on a variety of corporate law matters and projects (cross-functional and international). The position will be based in A’dam region.
You will assist with the timely and accurate management of a group of companies. This includes:
- corporate housekeeping;
- coordination of legalizations and communications with third parties;
- providing legal support to the subsidiaries;
- preparing board resolutions and shareholders resolutions and providing support with the organization of the management board meetings of the Dutch companies.
In addition, he/she will facilitate other departments, such as business development, tax, treasury, internal audit, finance and P&C, with legal support. Legal innovation is one of the focus areas and he/she will be contributing with providing innovative ideas and to develop and implement innovative projects together with the Holding Legal team.
It’s a fast-paced organization to which you need to keep pace with while keeping your head cool. The Holding Legal team is a high performing team and an Agile way of working is fundamental to be part of the Holding Legal team and to keep up with the way they work. Experience with corporate housekeeping and project management and having a strong interest in (and preferably experience with) digitalization is preferable for this role. Being a team player with a flexible mindset is crucial for this role.
- Education level: preferably a Master degree (WO), minimum level of Dutch HBO education.
- At least 1-3 years’ experience as Dutch qualified lawyer, candidate-notary, paralegal and/or as an in-house lawyer.
- A feel for corporate governance, a deep understanding of a project-based approach and connecting people.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (spoken and written).
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Outlook), good knowledge of Excel.
- Confident, optimistic and a ‘goal-getter’.
- Seeks self-improvement, knows how to communicate legal and corporate governance objectives.
- Responsible, committed and knows how to prioritize
Main area of responsibilities:
- Close cooperation with- and support to the corporate legal team and collegues from legal, tax, finance and treasury around the world to secure the implementation of internationally accepted governance standards and corporate governance policies.
- Corporate housekeeping activities for the group of entities, such as (drafting and preparing the execution of (managing) board- and shareholder resolutions, (monthly) managing board meetings (including preparing agenda, board pack and invitations), minutes of the Dutch holding companies, and shareholder’s resolutions or proxies for its subsidiaries, etc.).
- Maintaining and filing all legal documents into Corporate Databases and Corporate files, coordinate legalizations (apostille) and communications with notaries and outside counsel, maintaining registrations at the Chamber of Commerce etc.).
- Legal support and advice regarding business development projects, purchase and sale transactions, share transactions, capital increases, credit facilities, transfer of contracts, assignments and corporate restructuring.
- Corporate secretary activities such as organizing board meetings, drafting agenda’s, drafting resolutions and composing boardpacks. Also responsible for facilitating board meetings (such as making reservations, arranging food & beverages, securing video conferencing et cetera).
- Project management and (digital) innovation. Participates in team projects, such as the global rollout of e-signing, provides trainings to the markets, arranges meetings et cetera.
The client offers an excellent package of employment conditions, including excellent remuneration and good development and career opportunities. Flexible working hours, 32-40 hours per week.
You are part of a very challenging and interesting environment: diverse, dynamic and with an international focus.
Send us your CV with a cover letter (match, motivation) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advocaat Bouwrecht met interesse in aanpalende rechtsgebieden
Wij ondersteunen JagerKuiper Advocaten bij hun zoektocht naar een Advocaat Bouwrecht, met een gezonde interesse in andere rechtsgebieden. JagerKuiper…
Als Legal Counsel bij Avega ben je nauw betrokken bij grote overname-deals en investeringen van private equity partijen in Nederland. Juridisch inhoud…