Are you searching for a job that will challenge you? And do you want to develop yourself within a dynamic and international working environment in which you can work independently and in a team with dedicated professionals? Then you are the right candidate for the team.
We are searching for a pro-active and ambitious Head of Compliance.
Our client is an independent global specialist in trust, fiduciary, corporate and fund services. Based in offices across key jurisdictions, our 500 strong team of industry experts is dedicated to creating and delivering bespoke solutions to clients.
The backbone of our business lies in the strong commitment and long track record of a highly experienced team, building trusted relationships and encouraging entrepreneurial spirit. We distinguish ourselves by being innovative in a conservative environment, being transparent in what we do and striving for the highest quality of service.
Purpose of Role
To move forward in our ambition to deliver the highest standards we are searching for a pro-active and ambitious colleague who believes in the same ambition we have.
As Head of Compliance at you have an autonomous role within our organization. You advise our legal and accounting teams on compliance issues and the Management Team on the compliance risks in a client file and compliance risks related to the internal organization and regulations.
The successful candidate will feel responsible for advising the internal organization on all compliance related issues and will be open and transparent in our team and especially in all our compliance related activities.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring whether the office of our client acts in accordance with the law and with own standards. In particular this concerns integrity risks and the prevention of involvement in the non-integer actions of (potential) clients;
- Being actively involved in the risk assessment of clients;
- Monitoring and controlling pro-actively the delivered services when it concerns high risk clients and reports timely unusual transactions;
- Making employees aware of both external rules and internal standards, procedures and measures;
- Organising an annual education programme for all staff;
- Arranging for compliance presentations to all staff by external speakers or doing this yourself;
- Coordinating the preparation and periodic reviews of the Systematic Risk Integrity Analysis (‘Sira’);
- Advising the management team on compliance issues and implementation in the organisation;
- Acting as Local Data Protection Manager as referred to in the GDPR and advising staff on privacy issues;
- Contributing to the intake of high risk clients and the review of files of existing high risk clients;
- Performing sample reviews of compliance files and conducted intakes and reviews of files;
- Performing sample reviews on transaction monitoring;
- Preparation of ISI reporting;
- Correspondence with the regulators;
- Advising on sanctions;
- Participating in the Business Acceptance Committee (‘BAC’) and preparing minutes of said meetings;
- Organising of RIB WTT audits;
- Maintenance of various registers regarding complaints, incidents, PEP’s, declined prospects, clients with whom the relationship has been terminated;
- Participating in the monthly compliance calls of the Group;
- Monthly and quarterly compliance reporting to MT;
- Investigation of breaches and incidents and reporting to MT, the Group and regulators like DNB and FIU.
Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years experience operating in a legal function, preferably in a compliance role. He/she will be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the business and take a firm stand when his/her independent opinion is leading.
The successful candidate will put Compliance at the centre of everything he/she does, building relationships within the organization. The candidate will be autonomous and professional when working under time driven pressures and will have excellent prioritisation and time management skills. He/she will continually seek to improve business practices ensuring that best practice is shared.
He/she will be fluent in Dutch and English in word and in writing and will have strong verbal and written communication skills which are critical to the position.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
The role holder will have a Master Degree in Dutch law and will demonstrate a thorough understanding of Dutch corporate law.
- A challenging and rewarding role in an international business;
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development;
- Great working environment, competitive salary and opportunities for educational support;
- Working in a dedicated professional team, renowned for its excellence.
Please send us your resume including notes on application (match, motivation) to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Senior) Company Lawyer
On behalf of JTC (Netherlands) B.V., we currently have an opportunity for an ambitious and driven Company Lawyer to join their dedicated client team w…
Advocaat Arbeidsrecht en/of Personen- en familierecht
Wij komen namens onze opdrachtgever Ariëns Advocaten in Amersfoort graag in gesprek met een zelfstandige advocaat Arbeidsrecht en/of Personen- en fami…