About our client and the position purpose
Our client is a worldwide provider of Trust and Corporate Services. Currently, for the office of our client in the Netherlands, Amsterdam, we are looking for a Compliance Manager.
The compliance manager will assist local management in securing compliance with both local regulatory legislation and other associated bodies having supervisory authority over client, as well as compliance with local KYC, AML and anti-terrorist financing policies and guidelines. In carrying out this responsibility the compliance function communicates closely with the relevant legal and risk departments of client.
- Advising management on laws, regulations, and standards in respect of integrity risks the business is facing including keeping them informed on all new developments in that field and the impact on the organization and its related internal policies and procedures;
- Identifying, documenting and assessing on a pro-active basis the compliance requirements associated with the client’s activities including the development of new products and business practices and the proposed establishment or continuation of certain business relationships. He/she monitors compliance by using performance indicators and assesses regularly client’s compliance procedures and guidelines as to appropriateness and if deficiencies are identified proposes management amendments to cover such deficiencies;
- Monitoring and testing against compliance laws, regulation and professional standards. The results of such testing must be reported to the Divisional Compliance Manager and to client’s management, as responsible of the compliance with Dutch laws and regulations;
- Communicating and coordinating closely with management on all regulatory issues, visits, communications and changes etc. In coordination with management and other departments he/she builds and enhances the relationship with the regulatory bodies that supervise client;
- Receiving internal reports of unusual transactions/activities and performing investigations in order to determine reporting is needed;
- Reporting unusual transactions and acting as contact person of client for DNB as applicable under various laws including but not limited to Sanctions Law (Sanctie Wet);
- Establishing written guidance to staff on the appropriate implementation of laws, regulations and standards through policies and procedures and other documents such as compliance manuals and guidelines including advising and acting as a sounding board for the KYC/AML team of client;
- Training staff on AML/KYC and other integrity risks and acting as contact point within the organization for compliance queries from staff members.
- University degree in Law;
- Strong knowledge of compliance & risk management;
- A minimum of 5-8 year compliance work experience in a financial services institution;
- Extensive experience working with DNB, both in addressing DNB’s regulations and liaising with DNB regulators; compliance experience beyond policy setting; has been involved in translating requirements to business requirements in for example a project setting;
- Successful track record in providing compliance and regulatory support as part of multi functional project work streams;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office applications;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbal and in writing;
- Proven solution provider with an innovative approach to problem-solving and research skills;
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to present findings in logical, concise manner;
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral);
- Results orientated.
Our client offers a diverse, dynamic and responsible role with international focus. Excellent remuneration, inspiring work environment. (Interim/ Legal secondment not possible.)
Please send your resume including notes on application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidentiality guaranteed.
Account Manager Legal
Are you searching for a commercial legal job that will challenge you? We have an opening for an ambitious Account Manager Legal at ZEDRA. Do you want…
Advocaat Onroerend Goed (Vastgoed/Huurecht)
Geboden wordt een interessante positie voor een bevlogen advocaat Onroerend Goed die beschikt over de nodige proceservaring voor een mooie en floreren…